Company description: Criterion is a 35-year-old company based in US. Company is on mission to develop world’s leading HCM software. Its software is currently deployed in US, Canada, and UK.
Criterion delivers the best user experience, functionality and value, bar none. HCM software is built specifically for the needs of mid-sized companies, based on 30 years of experience in that space.
Company’s sleek software suite simplifies every aspect of workforce and talent engagement across the entire employment lifecycle. And everyone in your organization—from HR to the C-suite to managers and employees—will love using their simple, modern platform.
- Play Framework / Scala
- Backend is RESTful API Engine written in Scala
- MySQL / AWS Aurora
- GitHub / Jenkins / JIRA
- IntelliJ IDEA IDE
- 3+ years of successful experience in Scala with Java background OR 3+ years of solid experience in Java with 1+ year of recent experience in Scala
- Intelligence – Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- High Standards – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best
- Attention to detail – Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think in simple terms, breaks complexity in to small simple tasks.
- Setup development environment and understand all procedures by end of 1st week
- Deliver first enhancement by end of 2nd week
- Consistently deliver more Story Points than the baseline for the team
- Build key unit test cases for all the code developed
- Deliver bug free software – be passionate about quality of software
Culture / Core values
- Service-Oriented - Delight customers in every interaction
- Efficiency - Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Enthusiasm - Exhibits passion and excitement about work. Has a can-do attitude
- Competitive salary level
- Flexible working hours (no shifts, local time)
- Ability to work from anywhere
- Friendly team
Apply for the position (please make sure your CV/Profile contains contact information)